Roast turkey is not to everyone’s tastes. Although the most popular meat to be cooked at Christmas, there are other good alternatives that can make Christmas dinner just as special. We take a look at 5 wonderful suggestions created by popular TV chefs.
Before we go into the recipes, lets take a look at some equipment that you might require. We have listed what we use ourselves. It is crucial that buy good quality as cheap could ruin the bird.
- Roast forerib of beef by Jamie Oliver – Roast beef is popular all year round but households tend to go for sirloin. Try a fore rib, it tastes much better and looks great on the table. Click here to read the recipe.
- Gordon Ramsay’s Herb crusted rack of lamb – Best buying from a butcher so he can prep the rack for you. Click here to view the recipe.
- Roast Goose – Another recipe by Gordon Ramsay, this is a winner with the dinner guests. Click here to view.
- Honey and marmalade glazed Ham – This recipe is by the hairy bikers. We love it in our household. Click here for the recipe.
- Roast Duck – Back to Jamie Oliver for this wonderful Roast duck recipe. Click here to view.